(1) To submit the application, the applicant should bring
along the document requested for apostille service to
the Apostille Service Office, High Court Registry at Room
(2) If the document is accepted for apostille service, the
applicant then would have to pay the fee (by cash, EPS or
cheque payable to “Government of Hong Kong SAR”) at the
High Court Accounts Office at LG211 subject to acceptance
and a receipt would be issued to him/her.
(3) On returning to the Apostille Service Office at
LG1 and producing the payment receipt for checking a
collection receipt would be issued for collecting the
document which is submitted then.
(4) If the applicant is unable to collect the apostilled
document personally, he/she may authorize a person to
For applicants residing outside Hong Kong, they could
send a person in Hong Kong to bring along the document
and pay the fee in cash in person and collect the apostilled
document on behalf of him/her.
(2) Alternatively, they could mail to the Apostille
Service Office, High Court Registry the document and
a bank draft for the processing fee ($125 per apostille)
(in Hong Kong currency) payable to ‘Government of Hong
Kong SAR’. The bank draft must be specified that it
can be drawn in Hong Kong. Moreover, the applicant should
bear any additional bank charges for the transaction.
(3) The apostilled document will be sent to the applicant
normally by ordinary air-mail. In a more secure way,
the applicant may request to have the document sent
by registered air-mail at his/her own expense at an
additional HK$15.5. In this case, the applicant should
include this charge net into the bank draft.